Reddit, “the front side of the Internet”, as it claims itself to be, is an American social news aggregation website. What it means is that it is an online place where the members of Reddit (the Reddit community) posts and shares news by means of creating a topic termed as “subreddit”. Members are asked to contribute and are invited to up-vote other posts which are good. Thus knowing How to Post on Reddit is a must. The one with higher up-votes slowly moves up to the top of the subreddit. A subreddit can be thought of as the topic of a thread of conversation between innumerable members of Reddit.
Creating a Reddit Account
Before we learn How to Post on Reddit, you need to be a member of Reddit. How to do that?
- Go to any web browser on your computer and enter https://www.reddit.com/ in the address bar.
- On the upper right side, you will find buttons “Log In” and “Sign Up”. Click on “Sign Up,” and it’ll then ask you for your email ID.
- Enter the email ID which you won’t should get all emails from Reddit and then say “Next”.
- It’ll then ask you for a username that you want should appear wherever you post or start a subreddit. Reddit will check if the username is available or if it needs to be changed.
- Play around till you finally are happy with that username that is available and then enters a password. It will check the strength of the password for you.
- Click on “I’m not a robot” and then say “Next”.
- Follow the instructions, and you’ll then become a member of the Reddit online community.
See Also: How to Turn Off Safe Mode on Tumblr
How to Post on Reddit
Now that we are members of the Reddit website, it will be effortless to post on Reddit. Here are a few techniques to go concerning it:
Open the Reddit site and click on “Log In” on the upper right side of the page. Enter your unique username and your password, and you’re logged in.
What opens is your home page. To post:
- Go to the pencil-looking icon “Create Post” on the upper right corner of the screen, to the left of your username.
- The “Create a Post” page opens. Choose a community by clicking on it and choosing a place to post your post
- Three tabs you’ll see. Post, Image & Video, Link. As suggested by the name, you can add these to your post accordingly.
- Type in a Title in the Title box. Below this, you will see a Text box. Entering text here is optional, although you might want to add some text to explain your title.
- Below the text box, you will find boxes with words written next to a “+”. These are options you may click on if you want to qualify your post as an “Original Content” (+OC), or as a “Spoiler” (+SPOILER) for a very popular movie or series, or as “NSFW” if the post is something that would be deeply frowned upon if you’re caught seeing it at your workplace (wink, wink). Of course, it could also be something that includes talking about your colleagues or your boss, in which case also you might want to label it as “NSFW”.
- When you’re happy with your post, click on “Post”.
- Once you’re logged in, you’re either shown “Popular” page or “Home” page. It doesn’t matter what it is. At the base of the screen, you’ll find five icons. The extreme left icon is the Reddit icon which takes you to your Home page. The icon right in the middle, which looks like a pencil, is the one to “Create Post”.
- It gives you options as to what kind of a post-it would be. Is it a “Link”, or an “Image”, or a “Video” or just plain “Text”. Choose what you deem fit.
- Choose which community you’re making a post for.
- Give a Title in the Title box
- Add more text in the text box if you so desire, else it can be left blank as well.
- When you’re happy with the post, hit “Post” on the upper right corner of your screen.
See Also: How to Get Verified on Instagram
So, there you go! Hope this piece was valuable to you and you were able to know How to Post on Reddit as you wish to. Keep visiting us for more articles!
See Also : How to Monetize SoundCloud | 3 Ways to do it
Andrew Hutchinson is the Head of Content and Social Media at 4Hub. He’s a multi-award winning blogger and author, a social media marketing analyst and an occasional advisor on social business strategy. He lives and works in Canberra, Australia.